Monday, November 25, 2013

Bon Apetite

I watched "Julie and Julia" last night, and for those of you who haven't seen it before I would recommend it to those aspiring cooks out there, or those who just like food. It's two stories, one of Julia Childs and how she came to be famous, and on of Julie who creates a blog and endeavors to complete all the recipes in the Julia Childs cookbook in one year. I was inspired.

Although with a very limited student budget for groceries, and some picky eaters in the house, I'll have to scope out a different cook book. But the idea was the aim. One cookbook, a set amount of time, and a blog about my experience. Sounds wonderful right? So, for those of you in the greater Nashville area if your interested in stoping by for a meal, let me know in advance so I can prepare correct portions!

In other news, I have declared a business major at CState and my dream is to someday open my own grilled cheese shop! Thinking about the name Shmeltz.. Alright, I may start with a food truck, and who knows may franchise the Grilled Cheeserie, but the point is, this is my passion! So far I have experimented with: pesto, pickles, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, apples, jelly and jam, different cheeses, cinnamon, and sugar. Of course there will be holiday specials, Thanksgiving on a grilled cheese, Christmas on a grilled cheese... you name it. Also my wonderful different homeade soups will be advertised with these unique sandwiches..

If there are any gooey new ideas for grilled cheeses, shoot me some suggestions. I plan to name them after the inventor or the muse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment