It's one HOT summer! Man it's been a scorcher here in Tennessee... and it probably doesn't help that my car AC doesn't really work. It's become a rather usual occurrence to arrive places drenched in sweat, which makes me all the more thankful for cool places when I find them.
I have had a great time with nannying the two little ones that I get to watch everyday. We have been to the park, library, and adventuring around a bit, but mainly the highlight of most days is sprinkler time and PBJ's, crustless, cut in triangles... yes you heard me correctly. It's fun playing mom and carrying my mom tote around with snacks, diapers, wipes, water, sunscreen, you name it, I hopefully have it. Everyday becomes a learning experience for a future involving kiddos.
I have had the great chance to go to my home church New Song, as well as the other services in town that fill me up so! I'm in a college group being led to help us advance in the word, and I'm learning so much. My time reading the Word of God and better studying and understanding it has gone to a whole new level these past summer weeks.
I met a new friend at the coffee shop who is in town interning with the Christian radio station this summer. She needed a friend and some church advice, so I showed her the ropes, and it has been a blast getting to know her better. God really knows my heart, and knows that I need new people and new relationships to cultivate all the time, and is faithful to bring them about.
I am learning all about worship in a new way. We as humans were created to worship, but what/who we choose to worship is up to us. Everything I do is praising something... So in every action in my life what does that look like. The Lord really highlighted volleyball as a big area I need to reevaluate. I have been kind of dreading it, and discouraged about the team and the season ahead, and the Lord simply said, "volleyball is a way to worship me". And that's all it took. All of a sudden I'm seeing that I need to be fighting in prayer for my coach and teammates everyday. They are my mission field, they are my peers, the soldiers fighting by me. And I was called to be a leader there, and need to step up in an attitude change. I get to worship God by keeping my body healthy, by being a good competitor, and by serving my program well. I want to leave a legacy at Central that will stand firm in playing for God's glory, for real. My mind and heart are constantly being renewed by the word of God, and I never want to go back.
In other news, I'm getting my hair chopped off tomorrow, and am both apprehensive and thrilled at the same time. I need a change. And I need to not get slapped in the face overtime I jump at the net... Yes!
I'm very excited now to head back to Kansas not just for volleyball, but in helping lead worship and youth at the Free Methodist Church. I have been praying for the ministry and each student and am just burdened to see them know Christ. To experience His love, power, and everything that comes with knowing Him. :) makes my heart happy to know I can aid in that process.
May God move through me in whatever way He wishes, and may I be so obedient and receptive to His voice.
I have had a great time with nannying the two little ones that I get to watch everyday. We have been to the park, library, and adventuring around a bit, but mainly the highlight of most days is sprinkler time and PBJ's, crustless, cut in triangles... yes you heard me correctly. It's fun playing mom and carrying my mom tote around with snacks, diapers, wipes, water, sunscreen, you name it, I hopefully have it. Everyday becomes a learning experience for a future involving kiddos.
I have had the great chance to go to my home church New Song, as well as the other services in town that fill me up so! I'm in a college group being led to help us advance in the word, and I'm learning so much. My time reading the Word of God and better studying and understanding it has gone to a whole new level these past summer weeks.
I met a new friend at the coffee shop who is in town interning with the Christian radio station this summer. She needed a friend and some church advice, so I showed her the ropes, and it has been a blast getting to know her better. God really knows my heart, and knows that I need new people and new relationships to cultivate all the time, and is faithful to bring them about.
I am learning all about worship in a new way. We as humans were created to worship, but what/who we choose to worship is up to us. Everything I do is praising something... So in every action in my life what does that look like. The Lord really highlighted volleyball as a big area I need to reevaluate. I have been kind of dreading it, and discouraged about the team and the season ahead, and the Lord simply said, "volleyball is a way to worship me". And that's all it took. All of a sudden I'm seeing that I need to be fighting in prayer for my coach and teammates everyday. They are my mission field, they are my peers, the soldiers fighting by me. And I was called to be a leader there, and need to step up in an attitude change. I get to worship God by keeping my body healthy, by being a good competitor, and by serving my program well. I want to leave a legacy at Central that will stand firm in playing for God's glory, for real. My mind and heart are constantly being renewed by the word of God, and I never want to go back.
In other news, I'm getting my hair chopped off tomorrow, and am both apprehensive and thrilled at the same time. I need a change. And I need to not get slapped in the face overtime I jump at the net... Yes!
I'm very excited now to head back to Kansas not just for volleyball, but in helping lead worship and youth at the Free Methodist Church. I have been praying for the ministry and each student and am just burdened to see them know Christ. To experience His love, power, and everything that comes with knowing Him. :) makes my heart happy to know I can aid in that process.
May God move through me in whatever way He wishes, and may I be so obedient and receptive to His voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment