So I have lots of pictures this time!! We got together with tons of people at the community center and made thousands of momos, like potstickers or dumplings, it took all day, but was so worth it! Tons of tears, because I was on onion duty! I got to talk to and meet many more people.
Then we went to Junu's school for sports day. They work really hard on this fun day of sports and games to present to the parents. Of course I got to volunteer for a few games, one of which, the relay, I wiped out, it was the best. A few bruises and scrapes to show my competitive side. O dear. We have been enjoying this first week here, but once our missions pastor John leaves on Sunday we will begin our structured schedule. Less free time, and less touristy stuff, but we will begin classes and tutoring. Who really knows, I can let you know as soon as I know myself :) All our health is getting much better, praise the Lord. Your prayers over this transition again with our pastor leaving would be so wonderful, thanks yous!
We took a trip into the city of Thamel, and did some shopping. We got to see many temples and gods all around the area, and really saw how some of these people live. Found some italian, Nepal Italian, and ate some pasta!
the temple pigeons
temple
nail a rupee to this god to pay for your sin, one per sin
Shopping down the alleys
temple carvings
the crazy wires hanging all over
drill marching
sack race
building Nepal
Human pyramid
No comments:
Post a Comment