Welp, I have finished my first year as a college freshman and it feels so good to finally have somewhat of a brain break. But before it gets too relaxed, my grandma asked if we could stay in student mode and do a study of 1 John together, to which I replied "umm of course!" I want to be a lifelong student, everyday learning more and more about my God. So, I went ahead and read 1 John through a few times and simply asked the Lord to reveal things in His word that I do not fully understand, or things need to be implanted on my heart. What I really walked away with after a brief time was what we as believers can be assured of and know with confidence.
Believers know:
1. That a righteous life indicates regeneration, 2.29; 5.18
2. That we shall be like Christ at his coming, 3.2
3. That Christ came to take away our sins, 3.5
4. That brotherly love indicates that we have passed from death into life, 3.14
5. That he lives in us by the witness of the Spirit, 3.24
6. That we have eternal life, 5.13
7. That our prayers are answered, 5.15
I'm so thankful today that I can stand on these truths. They are unwavering, solidified, and helpful. John says so simply that those who love the world and the things of the world do NOT have the love of the Father in them. 2.15-17. My continual daily prayer is that I am purged and cleansed of all things impure or worldly that will prevent the love of the Father from dwelling in me and being poured out on others through me. The outward sign of life in Christ is brotherly love. Loving one another. It's God's commandment.
If we love God, we love His people. If we do not love His children, we do not love Him.
Believers know:
1. That a righteous life indicates regeneration, 2.29; 5.18
2. That we shall be like Christ at his coming, 3.2
3. That Christ came to take away our sins, 3.5
4. That brotherly love indicates that we have passed from death into life, 3.14
5. That he lives in us by the witness of the Spirit, 3.24
6. That we have eternal life, 5.13
7. That our prayers are answered, 5.15
I'm so thankful today that I can stand on these truths. They are unwavering, solidified, and helpful. John says so simply that those who love the world and the things of the world do NOT have the love of the Father in them. 2.15-17. My continual daily prayer is that I am purged and cleansed of all things impure or worldly that will prevent the love of the Father from dwelling in me and being poured out on others through me. The outward sign of life in Christ is brotherly love. Loving one another. It's God's commandment.
If we love God, we love His people. If we do not love His children, we do not love Him.
Hello Kayla Townsend. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog "What Now" and the post on it " Know". Very good reminder to the believers. I am blessed to go thorough your post. I am also blessed to know you and the talent you have of playing musical instrument. I would like to share the program our church in Mumbai, India has for the young people as well as adults from the West . We encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new hope, future and life. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35 yrs in the great city of MUMBAI a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We would love to have you come to Mumbai on a missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai during your summer/ Christmas vacation. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.
ReplyDelete