O man, days have past since my last update, but my mind is sorta blank on all the details that have happened. Just to be safe, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm not allowed to use any names, or even G-d in my online postings, for precaution. If the government found out about things that are happening here, the family would be kicked out. So, many of the stories from this week are quite hard to describe without names, or details. I'll have to save them for later I guess. It's funny blogging. The other girls journal all the time, and I do some of that, but my long summaries, and big events end up on the blog, and I'm too lazy to then write in my journal. I stayed home from church this morning not feeling super great, but feeling much better now. Last night we went out to eat with the family, and ended up taking lots of funny pictures. When we got home, we found out the water tanks are completely empty, meaning these next fews days we are on extreme water conservation! No showers, no washing hands, no washing dishes, and no flushing. Well, there are some exceptions, but you get the idea. After being here for over a month, it's actually not too hard. Life without electricity or water... nothing. ;)
I have been doing guitar lessons with Lauren and we have been learning so much! refreshing on how to read music, and then play on guitar... it's alot, but it's also fun. I'm pretty much gonna come back a pro ;) jk jk.
Biggest story of this week was a cool conversation I got to have with a new boy in the youth group. He is very eager to become a Christian, but has some of his facts wrong, as well as some conflicting beliefs. It was difficult trying to explain certain things with such a language barrier, but it was my first one on one "theology" talk since I have been here. Cool stuff.
It is the season of SLC's (that the students huge test to pass high school) High school here goes to 10th grade. They take the SLC and if they pass, choose like 1 out of 5 majors avalible and go to college (11th and 12th). After college is University (4 years somewhere else). The education level here I must say is much harder than the states. Most of what this test is over I don't remember. So tons of the youth and students are in exam week!! The test has begun and will be complete next week. Be praying for these kids to remember what they have diligently studied. They don't get results until after 3 months.
Funny Moments:
Whenever the family goes out in the jeep, usually the younger gals like me sit in the back. There are make-shift seats that fold down, and they are a bit unsecure. With these roads the ride is always interesting. Well, at night expecially, us girls enjoy singing song really loud! We get lots of interesting looks from people outside, but it's just so fun! Our go-to selections are 1.) the whole sound of music soundtrack 2.) disney songs.. If we ever drop someone off you will hear a beautifully harmonized "so long, farewell"
I have been doing guitar lessons with Lauren and we have been learning so much! refreshing on how to read music, and then play on guitar... it's alot, but it's also fun. I'm pretty much gonna come back a pro ;) jk jk.
Biggest story of this week was a cool conversation I got to have with a new boy in the youth group. He is very eager to become a Christian, but has some of his facts wrong, as well as some conflicting beliefs. It was difficult trying to explain certain things with such a language barrier, but it was my first one on one "theology" talk since I have been here. Cool stuff.
It is the season of SLC's (that the students huge test to pass high school) High school here goes to 10th grade. They take the SLC and if they pass, choose like 1 out of 5 majors avalible and go to college (11th and 12th). After college is University (4 years somewhere else). The education level here I must say is much harder than the states. Most of what this test is over I don't remember. So tons of the youth and students are in exam week!! The test has begun and will be complete next week. Be praying for these kids to remember what they have diligently studied. They don't get results until after 3 months.
Funny Moments:
Whenever the family goes out in the jeep, usually the younger gals like me sit in the back. There are make-shift seats that fold down, and they are a bit unsecure. With these roads the ride is always interesting. Well, at night expecially, us girls enjoy singing song really loud! We get lots of interesting looks from people outside, but it's just so fun! Our go-to selections are 1.) the whole sound of music soundtrack 2.) disney songs.. If we ever drop someone off you will hear a beautifully harmonized "so long, farewell"
Our ice cream treat!!
Lunch: typical combination
Our new book, good resource!
Yup, pictures at dinner
I just had to, true friends embarrass you
more dinner fun
(and yes, we do actually eat too)
No comments:
Post a Comment