The Pastors arrived!! So excited to see some familiar faces here in Nepal. We even welcomed them here with fresh flowers and some homeade cookies. And thats really saying something cause when I make cookies, I have to wait for the power to come on for about two hours, and spend those two hours cooking like five cookies at a time in the toaster oven. Man how I'm going to so appreciate my oven, and electricity so much when I'm back home. My family was so sweet and packed so many goodies and hand written notes. I got my share of skittles, starburst jellybeans, and chocolate! The family and pastors went out to a pizza dinner, and man was it good. It's a luxury here.
Then this Saturday morning we had a wonderful church service, and my pastor got to share the message, we all shared a meal, and little did we know it had been a good 3+ hours. He will be sharing again at youth tonight.
I'm still loving it here, just making more friendships, and getting to know people. I'm trying my best to learn to cook, but Nepali people are funny about people watching them :) So, I'm hoping to be able to come back and make ramen, rice, ginger tea, toukpa, and momos! Hopefully.
When the sun is out like it has been lately, it warms the water for showers, so I have been able to take many normal showers which is wonderful. I brought some dry shampoo with me, but haven't used it much, because there is so much dust in the air, it's a natural powder like dry shampoo. I will be very excited to feel clean again.. Sunday, tomorrow, is our halfway point. Time has flown! But I'm still at the middle stage- I'm loving it here, but missing things at home as well.
I have gotten my dorm assignment for Lee and was so excited to have gotten the building I wanted!! Ah! I have been researching majors here and classes and just everything about Lee, and been getting more excited about what's up next for me. I won't find out my roommate until later in July, but that's fine with me. I'm just bringing any difficult decision like my major to the L-rd in prayer and asking Him to show me His plan for college and my life. I was talking to one of the boys here who is in college, and he was blown away by how many different majors there were to choose from, I had so many options! Here in Nepal, they have like five paths to choose from. It's crazy how my perspective has changed through GBC so far, but I get the chance to get a higher education, and study something I actually want to, that's pretty cool.
Then this Saturday morning we had a wonderful church service, and my pastor got to share the message, we all shared a meal, and little did we know it had been a good 3+ hours. He will be sharing again at youth tonight.
I'm still loving it here, just making more friendships, and getting to know people. I'm trying my best to learn to cook, but Nepali people are funny about people watching them :) So, I'm hoping to be able to come back and make ramen, rice, ginger tea, toukpa, and momos! Hopefully.
When the sun is out like it has been lately, it warms the water for showers, so I have been able to take many normal showers which is wonderful. I brought some dry shampoo with me, but haven't used it much, because there is so much dust in the air, it's a natural powder like dry shampoo. I will be very excited to feel clean again.. Sunday, tomorrow, is our halfway point. Time has flown! But I'm still at the middle stage- I'm loving it here, but missing things at home as well.
I have gotten my dorm assignment for Lee and was so excited to have gotten the building I wanted!! Ah! I have been researching majors here and classes and just everything about Lee, and been getting more excited about what's up next for me. I won't find out my roommate until later in July, but that's fine with me. I'm just bringing any difficult decision like my major to the L-rd in prayer and asking Him to show me His plan for college and my life. I was talking to one of the boys here who is in college, and he was blown away by how many different majors there were to choose from, I had so many options! Here in Nepal, they have like five paths to choose from. It's crazy how my perspective has changed through GBC so far, but I get the chance to get a higher education, and study something I actually want to, that's pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment